Two weeks ago, I visited my first Buffalo Exchange in Philadelphia and I’m hooked. I loved how curated the store was with the most amazing thrifting finds. However, what I love about Goodwill is that you really have to search for things. I decided to create a little challenge for you during the spring season. From April until June, I have 15 thrifting challenges for you. Now, I admit, many of these tasks are really easy so you should be able to complete the majority of them.
Dress (Thrifted at Buffalo Exchange) | Clutch (
Purpose of the Challenge
The purpose of this challenge is to really get you to step up your thrifting game and share it with the rest of the world. If you’re like me, when you find an amazing find you want to share it. I created this little challenge for the hopes that you’ll share your finds with me! Plus, I love going into a thrift shop with a solid plan and this list will hopefully do the trick!
- Go with a friend who has never
- Try on items you would normally never pick up
- Buy something and style it six different ways
- Buy an entire outfit for under $20
- Find something retro/vintage
- Find something on trend
- Pick up an accessory (belts, jewelry, bags)
- Find something that was in the wrong section
- Go to a new thrift store/boutique
- Thrift your entire outfit for an event
- Recreate a look by thrifting
- Buy something for your home
- Have a thrifting party
- Post an
How to See Everyone’s Thrifts
If you end up doing any of these challenges, post an Instagram photo and use the hashtag #PortersThriftChallenge and/or tag me so I can see some of your outfits and outings! I really think this could be a fun way for us to see all of the different thrifters out there.
- 6 Thrifting Bloggers to get Inspiration From
- My Only Tip on Tackling Thrift Shopping
- Spend Less Time in the Dressing Room with These Simple Tricks
Do you love a good thrifting challenge? Do you thrift? Let me know in the comments down below.