I have exciting news! It’s been more than six months since I moved to the big bad city and became an adult! That means six whole months where I have been trying to figure out how to cook things without poisoning myself. My goal for the next six months is to try new dishes (thanks to good ole’ Pinterest) and become a good cook. I thought it would be fun to list some of my favorite meals I’ve been cooking since this big move and compact in six months.
- Extra Feta Please: The easiest thing to make on this list is a good ole’ feta salad. Feta is my far my favorite cheese because it packs so much power. This salad includes: insta pot chicken, extra feta, diced tomatoes, spring mix, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Crabby Patty: Rob and I took a stab at making crab cakes! I took a ton of things out of the recipe because I’m a. a big baby and 2. hate mustard. I used this recipe (minus the mustard). If I did it again, I would have cut the onions and peppers a little bit smaller.
- Introducing Trader Joe’s Chicken: I recently found out Trader Joe’s seasoned chicken is the best thing on this planet. This particular salad has the Pollo Asado but the pesto is my favorite by far. It’s the easiest thing to cook for the week and just slap on a salad or a side. (Also, roasted corn is a game changer for any salad).
- Santa Fe Stuffed Peppers: One of my favorite things to cook of all time is this dish. I actually learned how to cook this with my dad before I left the nest. The full recipe is here but let me tell you it is way easier than it sounds. Plus, if you have left over stuffing it tastes great on a salad – perfect for lunch and dinner!
- Roasted Veggies: I seem to always go on a food faze where I eat something over and over until I’m tired of eating it (aka why you see so many dishes having tomatoes and mozzarella on the side). I love baking cut up sweet potatoes, broccoli, and onions in the oven for the perfect side all week. Don’t forget to add a random spice and olive oil.
- Sweet Potato Tacos: If you have never tried replacing a taco shell with a sweet potato, boy, are you missing out! This is something you need to try as soon as you stop reading this blog.
Lazy Cooking Ideas
- Stir Fry with Cauliflower: If I’ve been away for the weekend and haven’t had time to go grocery shopping, Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Stir Fry is the way to go. You can easily just pop in some shrimp and you’re good to go.
- Lentils + Shrimp: Trader Joe’s Melodions Blend is perfect to throw together after a long day. The frozen package comes with green garbanzo beans as well as red and green lentils. I typically throw shrimp in it and have an avocado based side.
- Quinoa Cowboy Veggie Burger: Another lazy idea is throwing a veggie burger on top of a salad. Trader Joe’s cowboy veggie burger is incredible. You just put it on the toasted oven for a few moments and then you’re good to go. I also like grabbing a quinoa mix at Trader Joe’s to add to my salads.
What are your go to meals to cook? Whats on your list of things you want to try out? Let me know in the comments down below. (P.S. Check out my Pinterest food board to get more recipe ideas).