Before coronavirus hit, I was about six months in looking for the best banana bread recipe. I tried recipes with coconut oil, without eggs, with too many eggs, with chocolate chips, with peanut butter… the list goes on and on. Seriously, you can check my Pinterest and you’ll see and endless list of banana bread. On my quest, I finally found an amazing recipe from the Baker Mama for a Cinnamon Swirled Banana Bread. This recipe is literally out of this world. I’ve made it twice during quarantine and it was out of the house in less than 48 hours. If you make anything during quarantine, try this out.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup of chopped candied pecans or walnuts (optional)
Cinnamon sugar swirl ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 6 thin slices of banana, for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease and flour a 9×5-inch loaf pan and set aside. (I used crisco shortening but you can definitely use butter if you prefer).
- In a large bowl, melt the butter and let cool slightly. Whisk in the sugar, then the eggs, and then the vanilla. Stir in the flour and baking soda. Fold in the mashed bananas. Optional: Add in chopped pecans or walnuts.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to stir together the cinnamon sugar swirl ingredients until thick and well combined.
- Next layer 1/4 of the batter evenly into the bottom of your prepped pan. After the 1/4 banner is evenly spread out drip 1/4 of the cinnamon sugar mixture of the batter (I put a few drops on randomly and then used a butter knife to swirl the mixture over the batter). You’re going to repeat this until all of the batter and cinnamon sugar mixture is used.
- Optional: Top the banana bread with thin slices of banana, chopped candied pecans, or walnuts.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes until golden brown. Let the bread sit in the pan for at least 30 minutes before removing the bread.
Other Posts You May Like:
- How to Easily Make Oatmeal Bread By Hand
- Six Months of Learning How to Cook
- 3 Easy Macrame Home Decor Projects to Do During Quarantine
What have you been baking during quarantine? Do you have a perfect banana bread recipe? Let me know in the comments down below!