It finally happened. One of my favorite YouTubers, Tess Christine, finally dropped her clothing line and I couldn’t have been more excited. Backyard Roses is quite possibly better than I could have even imagined. I couldn’t stop talking about the line to my roommate because not only was it adorable but it is also sustainable. Seriously, two of my favorite words crammed into one sentence… could could have been better?
Tess’ Stance on Sustainability
As you know, this blog is all about sustainability and ethical manufacturing. On the Backyard Roses instagram you can see a highlight of FAQ. Tess lists off that the factories are CTPAT and WRAP certified. Employees are also given fair wage, befits packages, ample break times and paid holidays. What I found super cool was that the hang tags were made from seed paper that you could actually plant! The best thing to find out what that Backyard Roses plans to have a fully sustainably clothing option by spring 2021. Count me in for that collection!
Named After Her Friends
As if the line couldn’t get any better, Tess even named the pieces after her dear friends. How freaking cute is that? I just love how she incorporated styles based on her friends because she is thinking of the different personas that are wearing her clothes.
Let’s Talk About Sizing and Quality
I ordered three different shirts in my normal size, medium. They all fit absolutely perfectly. What I was really blown away with was how perfect the quality of the products really were. The lining, stitching, and fit couldn’t have been better. I am super curious about the length of the dresses and if how short they might be.
Would I Buy Again?
Short answer: absolutely. The quality of the products themselves are worth it at the price point they’re at but also how cute they are. One of my goals this holiday season is to try and only shop small businesses. If Backyard Roses can be one of those small businesses then I’m all about it!
Other items I bout and some I’m still thinking about:
- Alex Button Front Rose Top: I bought this adorable (currently out of stock but get on the waitlist) top and have wanted to wear it nonstop. It’s a great material and perfect for any date or girls night.
- Dacey Ruffle Tank: This tank top is what started my obsession with the line. The little pearl detailing and ruffled straps is exactly what I needed in my life.
- Isabella Top: This print is freaking everything. The print also comes in this dress and I want it all. I’m a sucker for printed blouse lately.
- Melissa Sweater Top: You can never have too many off the shoulder tops and this one is the perfect shade of grey.
Here are 6 Other YouTubers You Need to Check Out
- JnayDaily: I will literally watch Janea’s videos religiously. She has the kindest, blunt personality that will never fail to put a smile on your face. I highly recommend you check her out!
- Juliette Elyse: I had to give a shout out to my friend Juliette! She has such a warm soul. You definitely need to check her out!
- Lone Fox: Drew has the eye for creation! He is the king when it comes to amazing home decor and DIY videos.
- MaCenna: If Drew is the king the MaCenna is the queen to home decor and DIY videos. She has super straightforward DIYs. I’ve mentioned her a few times on this blog already!
- Taylor Made Style: Looking for some good outfit thrift inspiration? Taylor is your go to. I have no idea how she does it but she always finds the best items! She makes me want to bring my phone thrifting and start producing content.
- Carrie Murry: I feel like we have to include Carrie with this list because this top is named after her. Carrie has this bright energy about her and is definitely the life of the party. Watch her when you feel like you need a good girl chat.
Other Posts You May Like:
- 7 Ethical Companies to Shop at This Fall Season
- A Walk in my Errand Shoes: Veja Sneaker Review
- Pumpkin Patch with Feed Projects
- Naadam: The Softest Cashmere Sweater You’ll Ever Wear
- Bloom & Give Scarf: Help Provide Education Through Fashion
What small clothing lines have you been shopping from? Any YouTubers with great style I should be watching? Have you shopped at Backyard Roses? Let me know in the comments down below.
(This post is not sponsored in any way. I just wanted to show my favorite YouTuber some support!)